Sunday, May 27, 2007

The GIVEGOODS 2004 Demo



The Givegoods are a Sydney band fronted by Tom Morgan (Smudge, Sneeze, Godstar) and Andy Calvert. To date they have only released 1 album and 1 single, both released in 2003 and both titled "I Want To Kill A Rich Man". Guests on the debut album included Evan Dando (Lemonheads) on bass, drums, guitar & vocals, Juanita Stein (Waikiki, Howling Bells) on vocals and Paul Dempsey (Something For Kate, Scared of Horses) on multiple instruments, and production. I love this band, I first heard them when they supported the very messy Evan Dando on a solo tour of Australia in 2003, they rocked the house down, and I managed to see them a few times since. They are one of the best live bands around and I eagerly anticipate their return to the live circuit, but where are they? What happened to them? When will we see a new album, or single, or song? The closest they have come is a 6 track demo released in 2004, which I found on the net and haven't stopped listening to since. I basically wore out my copy of the debut album, I still listen to it frequently, it has to be in my top 5 of all time. The demo, as I mentioned, is 6 tracks long and only features the core members of the group; Tom Morgan & Andy Calvert. Enjoy.

Givegoods
2004 Demo
1. Fatherland
2. Heartattack
3. Middle of The Road
4. Taste For Blood
5. Virtuoso
6. Wine

No comments: